Every cookout needs an amazing dessert to top off the delicious feast, why not end it with a cocktail and pie all in one? This make-ahead Strawerry-rita pie is sure to be a hit with all of your guests. This recipe is our adaptation of a recipe from one of our favorite dessert cookbooks, Southern Living's: Scooped!
YIELD: 8-10 servings ACTIVE TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 (1/2-gal.) container of premium vanilla ice cream
- 1 (16-oz) container fresh strawberries, stemmed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 oz Medmont Mercantile Strawberry Margarita Mix, partially frozen
- 1/2 cup tequilla
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 4 cups pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 jar Medmont Mercantile Strawberry Preserves
- Fresh halved strawberries
- fresh mint sprigs
Yields 1 (9-inch) pie crust. Active Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine pretzels, butter, and sugar. Process in a food processor until pretzels are finely ground.
- In the bottom of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan Firmly press mixture into
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack (remaining in the pan) until ready for filling.
- Lightly soften ice cream (Stand at room temperature for 20 minutes).
- Combine strawberries and powdered sugar in food processor and process until pureed. Be sure to occasionally stop and scrape the sides of the processor to ensure all of the mixture becomes pureed.
- In a large mixing bowl, cut ice cream into large (3 inch) pieces. Fold strawberry mixture, Medmont Mercantile Strawberry Margarita Mix, tequila, and orange liqueur into ice cream until well blended. Spoon mixture into Pretzel Crust.
- Freeze 3 Hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer. Garnish the center of the pie with a spoonful of Medmont Mercantile Strawberry Preserves to secure the placement of your fresh halved strawberries and mint sprigs.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.