Star Spangled Fruit Salad
Posted by Wine Gourmet on
Every cookout needs an amazing dessert to top off the delicious feast, why not end it with a cocktail and pie all in one? This make-ahead Strawerry-rita pie is sure to be a hit with all of your guests. This recipe is our adaptation from A Family Feast.
YIELD: 8-10 servings ACTIVE TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- *could add in golden yellow raspberries as a "white" fruit
- Carefully cut watermelon into slices – approximately 1-inch thick. (To get the most stars out of your slice, try to leave the watermelon whole while you slice.)
- Lay each slice flat on a cutting board.
- Create watermelon stars by carefully using cookie cutters to cut them out of the slices.
- Combine watermelon stars, blueberries, and raspberries (if desired)
- Chill until ready to serve.