Cheeseburger lovers rejoice, September, 18th is National Cheeseburger Day! Mixing our love for cheese and the south, its time for a Pimento Cheeseburger Recipe! Create the perfect pairing for this burger with Schlafly Double IPA, available for sample at this fridays's beer tasting. Pick up a container of Red Clay Gourmet Pimento Cheese in-store or make your own with the recipe below!
YIELD: 4 burgers ACTIVE TIME: 25 minutes TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- Canola Oil
- Medmont Mercantile Mild Steak Seasoning
- Medmont Mercantile Bread & Butter Pickles
- Hamburger Buns
- Pimento Cheese
- 16oz Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8oz cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4oz pimentos
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine all Pimento Cheese ingredients into a large bowl or mixer.
- Mix until thoroughly combined and evenly mixed.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to solidify.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Form four 6oz, ¾ inch thick burgers.
- Make an indentation in the center of each burger with your thumb.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle Medmont Mercantile Mild Steak Seasoning on top for flavor.
- Cook each patty about 4-5 minuets on each side, starting with the indentation you’ve made facing down.
- Prior to removing from the grill, place some of the pimento cheese you’ve made in the burger’s indentation and let melt.
- Cook bacon and toast buns while burgers are on the grill.
- Slice onion and tomato and lettuce and pickles.
- Place pickles and bacon on the lower bun followed by the burger patty, then top with tomato, lettuce, and onion.
- Enjoy... with LOTS of napkins!