YIELD: 8-10 servings ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 6-8 hours
- Medmont Mercantile BBQ Rub & Seasoning
- Medmont Mercantile Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1, 5lb Pork Shoulder
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
*Proportions of ingredients may differ upon flavor preferences and pork shoulder size.
- Peel and finely chop cloves of garlic.
- Disperse garlic evenly on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Next, thoroughly apply an even coating of the Medmont Mercantile BBQ Rub & Seasoning on every side of the pork shoulder. *For best flavor, insure that any folds in the meat have seasoning tucked into them. (Since every piece of meat has a different surface area, the amount of rub needed will differ.)
- Once it is generously seasoned, place the pork shoulder into the crock pot atop the garlic.
- Add chicken stock and apple cider vinegar in a 4:1 ratio to fully cover the pork shoulder.
- Close and secure crockpot lid. Set to high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Once fully cooked, remove the pork shoulder from crock pot leaving residual liquid behind.
- Let the meat rest for 15-20 minutes, then shred.
- Add Medmont Mercantile Chipotle BBQ Sauce to taste.