Why should our sweet red wines just be enjoyed in our glass? We think of them as dessert anyways, so incorporating them into our desserts is like a match made in heaven. Drizzle this sauce over ice cream, cake, or basically anything that’ll soak up that delicious sauce in all the right ways. This recipe for a Summer Cherry Wine Sauce from A-Squared is just what we need this spring and summer!
YIELD: Roughly 6 Glasses ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 70 minutes
- 1 ½ cups of sweet red wine
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1 lbs cornstarch
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- In a small or medium saucepan, whisk together wine, brown sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla until totally combined.
- Bring to a boil and add cinnamon stick and cherries to the mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20-25 until mixture has thickened and cherries become tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spoon over ice cream or dessert of your choice. Or store in a sealed container and refrigerate.
For the full recipe visit: http://www.aasquaredblog.com/2015/07/summer-cherry-wine-sauce.html?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly