Sweet Red Cherry Wine Sauce
Posted by Wine Gourmet on
Why should our sweet red wines just be enjoyed in our glass? We think of them as dessert anyways, so incorporating them into our desserts is like a match made in heaven. Drizzle this sauce over ice cream, cake, or basically anything that’ll soak up that delicious sauce in all the right ways. This recipe for a Summer Cherry Wine Sauce from A-Squared is just what we need this spring and summer!
YIELD: Roughly 6 Glasses ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 70 minutes
- 1 ½ cups of sweet red wine
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1 lbs cornstarch
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- In a small or medium saucepan, whisk together wine, brown sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla until totally combined.
- Bring to a boil and add cinnamon stick and cherries to the mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20-25 until mixture has thickened and cherries become tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spoon over ice cream or dessert of your choice. Or store in a sealed container and refrigerate.
For the full recipe visit: http://www.aasquaredblog.com/2015/07/summer-cherry-wine-sauce.html?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly