October 4th is National Vodka Day... while we may not sell spirits we're all about a good Sangria. Check out our recipe below for Wine Gourmet's House Sangria that kicked up with a little vodka and brandy!
YIELD: Roughly 6 Glasses ACTIVE TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 70 minutes
- 1 750ml bottle of wine*
- 1/4 cup of pulp-free orange juice
- 1/3 cup 7-UP
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbs vodka**
- 2 tbs brandy**
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- Fresh Fruit
- Granny Smith Apples
- White and red seedless grapes
- Mix all ingredients
- Taste for desired sugar and vodka flavors.
- Dice pears, Granny Smith Apples, blueberries, white and red seedless grapes, strawberries, and oranges.
- Add fruit approximately 1 hour before serving.
- Serve over ice with a slice of lime or lemon and a mint sprig.
- Jazz it up with specialty glassware and fruit garnishes.
- If storing (2 weeks maximum) mix all ingredients except fresh fruit and refrigerate.
*Dry Rosé, Dry White or an Unoaked Dry Red Wine can be used.
**Suggested additions for added flavor depth.