Cookouts are often synonymous with a side of pasta salad, but this year we're adding Medmont Mercantile Pickled Asparagus and Vineyard Pasta to this refreshing classic! Once you get a hint of that pickling brine from the asparagus, there's no turning back! This recipe is our adaptation of the recipe for Maraconi Salad from Real Simple.
YIELD: 4 ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Vineyard Pasta
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Medmont Mercantile Pickled Asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 4 ounces Feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- For an easier alternative: Swap the lemon juice, salt, and black pepper for Medmont Mercantiles Lemon Pepper Seasoning!
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Add the peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain the pasta and peas and run under cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Asparagus, Feta, and tarragon to the pasta and peas. Toss to combine.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!