Oven-to-Grill Baby Back Ribs
Posted by Wine Gourmet on
What's memorial day without a full rack of ribs? The key to those perfect, fall-off the bone ribs comes from baking them before throwing them on the grill. Slow and steady wins the race with these BBQ Baby Back Ribs! Finish off with a bottle of any of our three Medmont Mercantile BBQ Sauces for an irresistible dish! This recipe is an adaptation of the recipe for Oven-to-GIll Baby Back Ribs!
pair with: Misbehaved Pinot Noir, $19.99; Stonewood Pinot Noir, $10.99 (part of our 6 for 60 program); Beale's Gold Lager, $11.99/8 pack
YIELD: 4 (3-4 ribs per person) ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 2+ hours
- 1 3 1/2 pound rack pork loin back ribs
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup BBQ Rub
- 1/2 cup Medmont Mercantile Smokey BBQ Sauce
- 1 to 2 boxes of Elki Sea Salt Crostinis (if desired)
For the Rub
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. With a pastry brush, spread the mustard all over both sides of the ribs. Generously sprinkle the rub all over both sides of the ribs.
- Place ribs in the middle of a double thickness of heavy foil cut 6 inches longer than the ribs. Wrap ribs in the foil. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender (the two middle bones of the rack should start to pull apart easily).
- Remove ribs to a tray (discard liquid in foil packet). Spread the sauce all over both sides of the ribs. Grill on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 15 minutes, brushing with additional sauce every 5 minutes, turning once. Adjust heat as necessary to prevent burning.
- Shred and serve on Sea Salt Crostini's if you'd rather serve it in a bite size way!