Cooking with wine is nothing new, but this Lemon and Herb chicken that’s made with moscato is worthy of its chance in the spotlight. This recipe we tried from What’s Gaby Cooking makes us want to lick our plates clean!
YIELD: 10-12 servings ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1-pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6-8 baby bella mushrooms, sliced (about 6 ounces)
- ½ cup Moscato wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Paste or rice to serve
- Place the chicken into a large bowl and sprinkle the flour on top. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and toss with a pair of tongs to make sure the chicken is evenly coated in flour, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken into the skillet and sauté until fully cooked, about 10 minutes, making sure to stir the chicken to ensure it cooks evenly. Once the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a clean bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining olive oil over medium high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir. Sauté the mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes until they are partially cooked. Add the Moscato wine and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium and let the wine cook, and the mushrooms continue to cook down for about 5 minutes. Season the mushroom mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped parsley, basil and cooked chicken into the mushroom mixture and stir. Season everything with salt and pepper to taste and reduce the heat to low until ready to serve. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the chicken to give it a burst of freshness.
- Cook some pasta or rice, whichever you prefer, according to the package directions. Serve the chicken over the pasta or rice and enjoy.
For the full recipe visit: https://whatsgabycooking.com/lemon-herb-chicken-moscato/