"There is no such thing as a bad beer. It’s that some taste better than others." - Bill Carter
Imagine if there were a day where beer drinkers world wide could celebrate the evolution of the golden brew. Did you know, annually on the first Friday in August, the world celebrates International Beer Day? This year is the 10th Anniversary of the first official International Beer Day celebrations and is celebrated in over 200 cities around the globe. The creators of International Beer Day explained that the purpose of the holiday is threefold:
To gather with friends and enjoy the deliciousness that is beer. To celebrate the dedicated men and women who brew and serve our beer. To bring the world together by celebrating the beers of all nations and cultures on this one remarkable day.
With so many things that divide us in this world, grab a friend (or 5) and a some cold beer and celebrate International Beer Day!
3 Ways to Celebrate International Beer Day
- Stop by Wine Gourmet this Friday, August 3rd for ONE DAY ONLY discounts and enjoy 10% OFF ALL beer and beer-related accessories and 25% OFF large format beers (16oz+).
- FREE Beer Tasting 5-8pm Friday, August 3rd at Wine Gourmet.
- Browse our shelves and build your own six pack. Join in on the International fun and choose each beer from a different location of the world!
- Pick up a locally brewed beer to celebrate the stellar brewers of our region!
- Grab our Insulated Canvas Cooler Adventure Backpack and a pack of GoVino beer glasses and go anywhere! Take a hike or have a picnic with friends, the adventure is yours for the taking.
- Pick up one of our many books about beer and learn something new or try a recipe from one of them!
- Plop yourself down on the couch with your favorite brew and toast to the master brewers that making your drinking experience exquisite.