VDR, Very Dark Red, Red Blend
Hames Valley, California
Varietals: Petite Sirah, Petit Verdot
Alc. By Vol: 14.5%
Tasting Note: Very Dark Red. The name frankly speaks for itself. Petit Verdot is a grape of dark color, stout tannins and concentrated flavors. The small berries of Petite Sirah means a more intense maceration of skin-to-juice ratio and some of the longest tannins of any vinifera. Together they create a dark, concentrated wine that can be enjoyed now but will age well for a decade or more. VDR is full-bodied yet supple, with deep, ripe fruit flavors of black currant and black raspberry perfumed by delicate notes of crushed violet. A firm, chalky tannin structure belies the velvety, luscious mouthfeel. Dense flavors integrate beautifully for a long, layered finish.
For curbside pickup, delivery, and shipping please read all the information below:
- In the the "Special instructions for Seller" section in your shopping cart please include your: phone number, address, preferred time for delivery or pickup.
- At checkout, please be sure to choose which method you would prefer to receive your wine:
- Curbside Pickup - Free
- Delivery - Rates Vary
- Shipping - Rates Vary
- Shipping and delivery rates will be calculated after you checkout. We will call you to discuss rates and proceed with shipping or delivery. Additional fees may apply.
- We will call to confirm when your order is ready for pickup.
- You must be present in order for us to deliver and/or when receiving a shipment.
- We will do our best to accommodate requests and time slots.